Friday, February 20, 2009

Last day of school break!!






























It's Friday!! I know, I know I shouldn't be a little happy that it's the last day of school break but I am. It's hard to occupy kids 24/7 when it's so lousy outside and you already have major cabin fever. We woke up to snow and it's been non stop here all day so far. I finally got the boys to go outside and play and I think they are so "over" winter. They resorted to trying to use the swing set instead! Luckily they are headed for a great day of snow tubing tomorrow and I hope they have a great time.
As for myself, I sat inside folding laundry and eating some yummy left over chicken wing dip! I'll include the recipe if anyone out there is craving that now, enjoy!




Chicken Wing Dip
24 ounces
chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 (12 ounce) bottle hot sauce (use whole bottle or just half, if desired)
2 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
1 (16 ounce) bottle bleu cheese salad dressing (or can use ranch or 8 oz blue cheese and ranch)
2/3 cup chopped
celery
3 cups shredded
cheddar cheese or monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
Directions
1. Preaheat oven top 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix shredded chicken, celery and cheese.
3. In a saucepan over med-low heat, combine cream cheese and salad dressing and stir until smooth. Stir in bottle of hot sauce ( don't have to use entire bottle if you want it milder). Pour heated mixture into bowl with chicken mixture. Stir to mix well.
4. Pour into a 13" x 9" baking pan. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until bubbly----make sure top doesn't get browned. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve warm OR cold-----tastes best warm--- with celery or tortillia chips/crackers.

2 comments:

  1. I found you thru a friends site! I love the wing dip idea! My husband would LOVE it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe! We eat it with tortilla chips.

    ReplyDelete