Thursday, October 22, 2009

Delicious flatbread taco's!!!

I don't know if any of you get the magazine Taste of Home but it usually has a few really good recipes in there that become family favorites for us. Well last night I tried a new one and all it took was one bite to seal the deal for all of us. It's called flatbread tacos with ranch sour cream and it was sent in by Jennifer Eggebraaten.

This is her recipe:

1 cup sour cream

2 tsp. ranch salad dressing mix

1 tsp. lemon juice

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef

1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained

1 can diced tomatoes, undrained

1 envelope taco seasoning

1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce

1 tube(16.3 oz.) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

Optional toppings: shredded cheese, lettuce, sliced olives

In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving.

In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.

Meanwhile, roll out biscuits into a 6 inch circle. In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, cook each for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.

To serve, spread each flatbread with ranch sour cream; top each with meat mixture and sprinkle on toppings.

The only thing that I changed was I didn't add the beans or hot sauce because the first time I try recipes I try and make them pretty bland for little kids! They are very filling and the biscuits are soooooooo yummy. I had a hard time rolling them out without sticking to stuff so I just flattened them with my hands and fingers. Very easy and oh so very good!!

She suggested that you make the stuff ahead of time and keep the meat warm in a crock pot, put the sauce in a squirt bottle and have the toppings already chopped up for a party. I think I will try this next party!

No comments:

Post a Comment