Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drawstring bag for Gogo's Crazy Bones


I am not sure if the Gogo Crazy Bones craze has hit your children yet but it has mine. It's the "new" thing to collect and trade at school and on the bus. We have been down the Pokemon, Yugioh and Bakugan phase and now these have taken over all of those. Anyway, I kind of like these crazy little guys with all of their weird faces and colors but what I don't like it finding them everywhere! When you have a 2 year old around, things tend to go missing very easily. So today' s half hour craft was to make the boys their own little drawstring bags to keep them in. They are small enough to cram in their pockets if they want and hopefully this will put an end to stepping on them unexpectedly and killing your foot!

I just used 2 small pieces of scrap fabric that I had and did a simple drawstring bag. Basically a large rectangle that you fold the top and bottom's in and sew to make the slot for the string and then sew them up right sides together. That's really it! I used an extra shoe lace for the string and it was done.

1 comment:

  1. Hello courtney, I am Judy from Florida (I took the plunge one year ago, and moved from Long Island.. like you think about doing...) anyway I have been searching for a name for my "little friend" and I just learned he is a GOGO Crazy Bones !! Do your boys know the name of your pictured GOGO that is a brown egg robot? He has been the source of an ongoing quest in my house for several weeks now. I would love to tell you more, but I will keep it brief. thanks Judy http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=

    ReplyDelete