Saturday, January 9, 2010

A few craft projects/presents

I was going to post these around Christmas time but I guess I forgot! The first one is a set of photo blocks that I discovered here. They turned out better than I thought they would so I was very happy with the end result. Aiden likes turning his all over to find the right heads and body parts of the people! I made the other set for my niece for a gift. The only change that I made was to add a second snap because I felt like it held together much better with 2. The second project was a photo tile that I found on someone's blog. I of course can't find it at the moment but I will try and post a link later to it. It was very easy to do and came out so cute. I made one for my in-laws that I forgot to take a picture of. Mine I wanted to do very plain colors to go with the sepia photo. You basically just find a smooth ceramic tile and mod podge your picture on there, do the same with a nice piece of scrap book paper and then add some sort of decoration in between. They also showed them on a heavy block piece of wood that had been stained and those didn't require the easel because they just stood up by themselves. Very easy and fast craft to do!

2 comments:

  1. Love it court! I think I may have to make one of those photo blocks for Addy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for taking the time to make this for Alaina. Such a thoughtful gift and I know the time that goes in to a homemade gift. I appreciate it alot. :)

    ReplyDelete